Currently, there are 4 available positions in St. Dominic's International School, Portugal
- Primary Teacher (PYP)
- EAL Primary Teacher
- SEN Teaching Assistant
You will be providing in class support to students with learning difficulties and working together with the class teachers to help the students overcome barriers to learning. You will be working with students from grade 6 to grade 11.
• Good command of spoken and written English.
• Experience of working with children in an educational environment.
• High School certificate or equivalent.
Science Laboratory Technician
The role of Laboratory Technician will mainly involve managing the normal functioning of a lab, providing technical support, ensuring that equipment is functioning properly and is ready to use, and that the right materials are available for particular lessons. The Laboratory Technician will work closely with students to explain or demonstrate experiments or how to use equipment, as well as helping teachers with a class and supporting individual students on research projects.
• Science-related degree, with particular focus on Chemistry and Biology
• Hands-on experience working in laboratories or in supporting a Science department
• Knowledge of Health and Safety standards
• Proficiency in English
• Ability to work in a team
• Ability to work with students aged 11-18
• Knowledge of Data bases to manage lab stocks
• Knowledge of Physics and physics-related equipment/experiments
• Ability to assist in Science lessons
• Immediate availability