We are delighted that you are considering a career with Saint Dominic’s International School, Portugal. With a truly international student body and staff, we look for dedicated and dynamic professionals to join our caring and passionate team. We support our staff and faculty with professional Career Development programs in our belief of lifelong learning.
The Lisbon coast is famous for its perfect climate, rich culture, spectacular countryside, and relaxed and safe lifestyle. Portugal is a welcoming place for individuals or families to enjoy life at its best.
Please click here for available positions
General information and application procedures (please read all details)
Please note that we normally only recruit teachers with at least 2 years’ post-qualification experience and with an internationally
recognised teaching qualification.
If you are interested in joining us, please submit the following 4 items:
• your c.v.
• contact details of 3 professional referees
• a recent photograph (so we will recognise you if you are invited for interview)
• a letter of application, addressed to me, of 2 sides maximum, which contains paragraph responses to each
of the 6 questions/prompts below.
These 4 documents should all be attached to one e-mail with a subject line stating the post applied for
and your name – e.g. ‘English: Jane Smith’ to firstname.lastname@example.org
NB: Only complete applications containing all 4 of the elements indicated above will be considered.
1) How did you find out about this post?
2) In what ways have your career experiences to date linked with SDIS’s vision and mission and
prepared you for this post?
3) For academic posts please describe a very good unit of work/lesson that you have delivered recently
and explain in what ways you think it was particularly effective.
4) How would the inclusion in your teaching groups of students with varying levels of English as an additional language
impact on your planning?
5) What would you like to be doing professionally in five years’ time?
6) What second subject(s) or other area of expertise are you able to offer, and to what level?