Please note that we normally only recruit teachers with at least 2 years’ post-qualification experience and with an internationally
recognised teaching qualification.
If you are interested in joining us, please submit the following 4 items:
• your c.v.
• contact details of 3 professional referees
• a recent photograph (so we will recognise you if you are invited for interview)
• a letter of application, of 2 sides maximum, which contains paragraph responses to each
of the 6 questions/prompts below.
These 4 documents should all be attached to one e-mail with a subject line stating the post applied for
and your name – e.g. ‘English: Jane Smith’ to firstname.lastname@example.org
NB: Only complete applications containing all 4 of the elements indicated above will be considered.
1) How did you find out about this post?
2) In what ways have your career experiences to date linked with SDIS’s vision and mission and
prepared you for this post?
3) For academic posts please describe a very good unit of work/lesson that you have delivered recently
and explain in what ways you think it was particularly effective.
4) How would the inclusion in your teaching groups of students with varying levels of English as an additional language
impact on your planning?
5) What would you like to be doing professionally in five years’ time?
6) What second subject(s) or other area of expertise are you able to offer, and to what level?